Piles are also known as hemorrhoids or rectal lumps. Piles are actually a rather common condition. What happens is that there will be swollen veins around the lower end which are caused by increased pressure. The most common cause of piles or hemorrhoids is straining during bowel movement.
Symptoms of Piles
While a doctor can easily diagnose whether you have piles or not, there are symptoms that you can look out for.
- Itching or irritation around the anus.
- A sensitive lump around the anus. In certain cases there may be multiple lumps.
- Severe pains after bowel movement or after you have been sitting down for a long time.
- Blood can be found on the toilet paper used or in the toilet bowl after bowel movement.
Piles Treatment & Cure
The biggest misconception is that you may not need to treat piles or hemorrhoids at all because they will resolve themselves on their own. This is totally wrong as piles never actually healed by itself. Hence, you should seek treatments that can help relief the pain from piles and also to get rid of it for good. Some simple home remedies for piles include:
- Sitting in warm water for 10 minutes 3-4 times a day to help reduce the swelling and pain from piles.
- Applying cream or ointments purchased from the pharmacy can also help relieve some of the itchiness and irritation caused by piles.